Pintrest

Thursday, January 12, 2012

COME ON GET HAPPEEEEEE!!!

Today I am blogging about ENDORHINS! What is an endorphin???? Well as far as Wikipedia can tell me  Endorphins ("endogenous morphine") are endogenous opioid peptides that function as neurotransmitters.[1] They are produced by the pituitary gland and the hypothalamus in vertebrates during exercise,[2] excitement, pain, consumption of spicy food, love and orgasm,[3][4] and they resemble the opiates in their abilities to produce analgesia and a feeling of well-being.



SAY WHAAATT????  All I know is that when I work out no matter how CRAPPY I felt before I started about 10 min. into it I am getting this "I AM AWESOME" vibe coming over me , and this is shortly followed by a "YEAHHHH!! KICKIN BUTT TODAY!!!!" I would think that these fantastic little fella's would look like this in my brain....



 
that's how they make me feel. So now on top of all the amazing benefits of working out...you
 get the bonus of feeling like your on a high and its all natural baby!!! Some people refer to this feeling as a "Runners High" or as it most times comes after extended periods of working out at a high intensity a "second wind". There are apparently a lot of different endorphins your body can release but these Beta-endorphins are the strongest brain effecting endorphin and you get them, when???? While working out!!!

OKAY... so you get it working out will make you happy! OH YEAH!!! Not only will the endorphins give you that great high, they have also been shown to control pain, cravings for chocolate (we all need that!), and to help reduce symptoms related with eating disorders. They are also believed to have great benefit to your body and mind such as enhancing your immune system, reducing stress, postponing aging process, and help to ward of the feelings of depression!!!

I mean WOWZA people these things should be bottled and sold, we would be millionaires! But the most wonderful thing I can think of is that we all have an endless supply of endorphins in our bodies and with all the amazing benefits they give us why are we not bouncing off the wall happy????

Well I am pretty darn happy, and I try to get my fix every day. I hope that after reading this Blog, along with your healthy happy goals, your going to be even more motivated to get your sweat on. Its hard work, but its worth it. I think the endorphin were created as a kind of reward for us, to show us that pushing our bodies and making them work hard is good and good for us. So next time your working out I want you to push yourself...do an extra set, run the extra mile, and I will be hearing shouts of  "I AM FREAKIN AWESOME!!!!".

So you gonna do this!!! YOU BETTER BELIEVE FIT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment